Dr. Tatsumi is a board certified orthopedic spine surgeon. He was born and raised in Beaverton, OR and graduated from Sunset High School. He completed his medical school and residency training at Oregon Health & Sciences University. He then completed his spine fellowship training at the Los Angeles Spine Institute under the direction of Rick Delamarter, MD.
Dr. Tatsumi specializes in minimally invasive surgery and has extensive training in artificial disc replacement for the neck and low back.
Dr. Tatsumi has been involved in clinical research studies for the following technologies.
- Cervical disc replacement clinical trial : Spine Art Baguera
- Disc replacement: Pro Disc C and Pro Disc L
- Minimally invasive: XLIF (Nuvasive)
- Anterior lumbar fusion: Depuy Synfix
- Expandable interbody technology: Globus
Awards and Recommended Links
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor Award
- Dr. Tatsumi was awarded “40 under 40” by Portland Business Journal.
- Dr. Tatsumi has been recognized as one of the “100 Spine Surgeons and Specialists to Know” by Becker’s ASC Review.
- Dr. Tatsumi was awarded the Aetna Smart Compare for Spine Surgery designation.